Day 31: Looking back...

If you made it here, congratulations! You have completed the 30-day challenge! You may be wondering, 'is there an extra challenge for today?' Or maybe, 'is this really over? I got used to it!' If you did, just know that that was the purpose of this blog: to help you create a habit. I hope that some of the resources I used during these days give you some ideas to continue the journey on your own. Maybe return to the crossword page? Or another riddle! Remember the "gaps" challenge? It came from a website with lots of tests. How about another video from Colbert's show to find more conversational English? The list goes on...

And to go back to the question you may be asking yourselves: is there an extra challenge for today? Well, today's task is simply to share with us how this challenge went for you. Did you do every single challenge? How hard was it to keep a habit? Did you leave it and then come back? Who motivated you? Did you invite anyone to do it? Which was your favourite challenge? The hardest? Just tell us whatever you think is worth sharing about this journey of yours.

It's been a pleasure to communicate with you through this. Suggestions welcome for the next one!


Hope to see you soon!


Comments

  1. Hi, Bea,

    I started the challenge a couple of days late, but I caught up fast, and I managed to do every single challenge. At the beginning I struggled to find the time to do them but, after a sort of a week, I incorporated it in my daily rutine and it was just to keep the momentum. In first place you were who motivated and encouraged me to do it, but later I took it as a personal challenge. To be honest, I thought it was to be harder to keep up with them; however, it was as some kind of leisure time away from the monotony of other task, and some days I was eager to see the new challenge.
    I published the link in a couple whatsapp groups, but I wasn´t very successful.
    Doubtlessly, the harder was the pronunciation poem, and I loved a lot of them such as "pronunciation odd-one-out", "a-djectives", "little bit conjuctions", the tests from CPE and MIT, and, of course, the crossword.

    I only have left to thank you again for you incredible work.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bea!

    As I might have already told you this 30-days challenge has been a great experience to me! Amazing and rewarding as the challenges have been, I must confess that there were a couple of days in which tackling the challenge cost me a great deal of energy. I’d say though that it didn’t have to do with the challenges themselves as much as with how I felt (it became specially hard when I had been extremely busy during the day).

    My favourite ones were the riddles and the 50-words story. I also enjoyed very much the taboo and the ones about idioms. There were a few which were appealing to me, but took me an extra effort (those focused on pronunciation or vocabulary). Come to think of it, they were the ones I learnt the most from (funny world!).

    If the aim was to foster our autonomy when it comes to learn, I’m happy to tell you that, speaking for myslef, it succeeded!

    I feel really happy to having been part of this! Thank you very much for your time and passion, and thanks also to the mates who joined this journey (specially Daniel, who didn’t miss a single challenge; I was always happy to see your contributions!! :-))

    See you soon!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: A crossword

Day 8: the pronunciation poem

Day 24: little big conjunctions