The extra challenge 2: the ideas

Hello again everyone!

Here is the second challenge of this "extra time". I'm sorry for the delay! I will be checking the words in the previous challenge soon. Keep an eye on the comments section!

But in order to keep moving, let me tell you how to use the many words you have produced in challenge extra 1:

The basic idea I wanted to present to you consists in presenting a series of topics and asking you to describe/develop/discuss the topic briefly using at least FIVE of the words you have created in challenge 1. I was inspired by the 50-word challenge, which some of you told me had been really enjoyable (if difficult).

So here I was, asking myself what topics I could propose, and the exam being so near, all I could think of was sustainability, because it's always a favourite. You can never go wrong with that, which is why we insist on it so much for two years! I typed "sustainable" on google and the first collocations that appeared (the hottest topics, you could say) were:

1. Sustainable development
2. Sustainable energy
3. Sustainable agriculture
4. Sustainable products
5. Sustainable fashion

We're going to scrap number 4 because it's too general.

And now we're ready for our next challenge!

From 1,2, 3 and 5, choose a topic and find some information about it--enough to discuss the topic briefly using FIVE words from the list in the "words" challenge. 

Check you know the meaning and some collocations for those five words so they're used naturally.

I'll see you around in the comments! Enjoy!





Comments

  1. My topic and discussion. I don't know that I have used that many collocations..

    Sustainable fashion: It is everywhere in the news and minds of those who care about ecology, integrity and justice for the planet. Having said this, the fabrics and garments are no less varied than those coming from the traditional clothing industry. Moreover, sustainable fashion is key to preserve the planet, to keep raw materials breathing so the resulting garments reflect it. Do not think romantic is the main side to it, understandably enough sustainable fashion is all into economy, agriculture and social equity. Plus you can tell, sustainable clothing is original to look at and most of the times, pleasant to the touch.
    (words used are understandably, romantic, varied, breathing, pleasant)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the style, Lourdes! My only remark would be "is all into economy, agriculture,..." should be "is all ABOUT economy..."

      Great use of the words in the previous challenge! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Bea,

    Better late than never. Here is my brief description:

    Sustainable energy is that that meets present needs without compromising the future ones. This explanation entails the use of clean and renewable sources of energy rather than others which can be depleted. Thus, sustainable energy is known to be inexhaustible. In addition to the traditional alternative sources of energy coming from the nature such as wind, solar or water, there is also bioenergy and geothermal energy. Not only are they naturally replenished, but they cannot harm the environment. Definitely, should we care about the future of our youngsters, we must change our mindset to zealously adopt this kind of energy.
    (Words used: explanation, known, youngsters, mindset, zealously)

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: A crossword

Day 8: the pronunciation poem

Day 24: little big conjunctions